Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

There Once was an Avocado...

...that got turned into a delicious bowl of guacamole.  Guacamole has to be one of my favorite things, and I don't even have a real recipe for it.  I just taste and add as I go, but for the good of the blog, I am going to try my best to measure out the goodness that goes into this wonderful condiment.  So here goes!

Guacamole
3-4 avocados
1/2 cup diced red onion
1-2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of one large lime
1/4-1/2 tsp dried cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup black beans (optional)

In a medium bowl, seed and mash the avocados.  Once they are relatively mashed, add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. 

Don't judge on looks alone - they can be deceiving!
Watch the amount of salt you add if you are using tortilla chips to dip since they are already pretty salty. I added black beans the last time I made the Guacamole for an extra protein boost.  Use at your own discretion. That's it...super simple, and super delicious!

1 comment:

  1. just made this with the Produce Man's produce we bought this morning! good stuff. I have yet to try it with carrot sticks! :)

    ReplyDelete